14 January 2009

every step I take's an act of faith

So it's been a while since I last posted. A few highlights from the last few months include:

~spending a lot of time with my family, I love them!
~official graduation from college, I now officially have a BA, weird!
~turning in my Teach For America application (I have a phone interview this weekend, I'll keep you updated)

I don't really have much to say. I'm happy and excited for everything that I have ahead of me. And I really think I want to do the Teach For America thing. The more I find out about it, I want to be involved in it. So that is probably the number one thing on my list for what to do with my life now that I am graduated from college. I feel really good about it, I know that if I do it, it will be hard, but I am up for the challenge and the growth that will come with it. I am ready to move on with my life. I am not exactly sure what is going to happen and that is scary, but I know that it will all work out. Every step I take really is an act of faith, which is good for me. That line comes from a song sung by Bianca Ryan called "Awake" and I think that it somewhat relates to my life and my excitement for the future. It's the closest thing I could find to a song that describes my life, so enjoy!

Lost in the crowd where forever I'll never be seen.
Shouting out loud, gotta find a way out of this dream, mhmmmm.
Cause I don't want to hide, not from the world outside.
Today my eyes are open wide.

And now I'm awake.
I have no fear, won't disappear, I'll still be here tomorrow.
And now I'm awake.
I'm feeling strong I'll carry on, a thousand years and more.

Maybe I'm shy, but inside I just wanna be free.
Maybe I found there's a quiet in people like me, mhmmmm.
But there's a noise within, that's where our voice begins.
And then the sound of silence ends.

And now I'm awake.
I have no fear, won't disappear, I'll still be here tomorrow.
And now I'm awake.
I'm feeling strong I'll carry on, a thousand years and more.

So every step I take's an act of faith.
Everywhere I go I find myself.

Now I'm awake, mmmmm.
I have no fear, won't disappear, I'll still be here tomorrow.
Now I'm awake.
I'm feeling strong, I'll carry on, a thousand years and more.

Now I'm awake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awake, by Bianca Ryan, is a brilliant song choice. I love it too! Good luck in life! Madeleine.
Dennis, r5lark

David said...

I can totally relate to these words, both yours and the lyrics. Awake is a beautiful song! Think you might want to listen to 'Safe myself' by Leann Rimes as well:

"To save myself, I don't wanna save myself
I just wanna live out loud
Feel the rush that's all around
I light the flames to feel the burn
Trouble everywhere I turn
There's freedom in the lessons learned
And beauty when the love's returned"

Good luck in this life!

David