22 October 2008

my faith in you was fading . . .

Last night I was talking to one of my roommates and basically came to the conclusion that I have pretty much lost my confidence in guys. Because of my past experiences and relationships (if they can be called relationships) I now just expect nothing to ever work out. I expect that a guy will not be true to his word, but instead say a lot of nice things about what we are going to do together and then just fall of the face of the planet and never call or talk to me again. Or I am certain that he will find a new girl that he likes better than me and just leave me hanging with no explanation. Now, somewhere in my head I know that there are guys out there that aren't like that, that are true to their word and won't disappear on me. But I haven't found them and so I continue expecting guys to disappear, and so far they have been. The fact that I expect them to disappear probably doesn't make the situation any better, but thus it is. Surprisingly, a verse from Taylor Swift's new song "Love Story" really resonates with me:

I got tired of waiting
wondering if you were ever coming around
my faith in you was fading
. . . and I said
romeo save me I’ve been feeling so alone
I keep waiting for you but you never come
is this in my head, I don’t know what to think

Now the end of this story ends happily and hopefully mine will too. There will be a guy out there who will be true to his word and prove to me time and time again that he isn't just going to disappear and walk out on me. So, here's hoping for some happy endings! :)

0 comments: