13 October 2008

fall

So I have realized lately something that I guess I really have known for a while, but it just hit me once again recently. Girls are really good at hiding their feelings and pretending like they are totally okay when in fact they are so far from being okay it is really scary. I suppose guys could potentially be this way too, but I don't really have major amounts of insight into their thought processes seeing as how I grew up with four sisters (and eventually gained a baby brother, but he doesn't count for these things) and now live solely with other females. I know there are so many times in my life where I just pretend like everything is okay either because everyone else around me isn't okay and I need to be the stable one, or I just don't want people to know that I am not actually as stable and sure of myself as I appear to be. The song "Fall" by Clay Walker pretty much describes this and basically I love it because he tells her that it is okay to fall apart and not be okay. I want someone in my life that I can be "not okay" with. Someone who will comfort me and tell me everything will be okay. To wipe away my tears, kiss my forehead, and envelop me in their arms. So I am just waiting for that day. :)

Oh, look, there you go again
Puttin' on that smile again
Even though I know you've had a bad day
Doin' this and doin' that
Always puttin' yourself last
A whole lotta give and not enough take
But you can only be strong so long before you break

So fall
Go on and fall apart
Fall into these arms of mine
I'll catch you
Every time you fall
Go on and lose it all
Every doubt, every fear,
Every worry, every tear,
I'm right here
Baby, fall

Forget about the world tonight
All that's wrong and all that's right
Lay your head on my shoulder, and let it fade away
And if you wanna let go, honey, its okay

Fall
Go on and fall apart
Fall into these arms of mine
I'll catch you
Every time you fall
Go on and lose it all
Every doubt, every fear,
Every worry, every tear,
I'm right here
Baby fall

Hold on, hold on,
Hold on to me

Fall
Go on and fall apart
Fall into these arms of mine
I'll catch you
Every time you fall
Go on and lose it all
Every doubt, every fear,
Every worry, every tear,
I'm right here
Baby fall

0 comments: